Trainee Financial Adviser
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000 p/a starting salary
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 4 Walsingham Place, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2RP
Financial Planning Concepts
Financial Planning Concepts is an established and successful independent company based in Truro, Cornwall. We believe that everyone should care about the work they do and the clients we serve and for us honesty is always the best policy. Quality is ensured by following a clearly defined process and as a team we collaborate to achieve the best outcomes. We are passionate about making a difference to our clients lives by adding value and purpose through memorable client experiences. In summary we seek to help them to ‘Balance their life and assets’ through outstanding financial planning.
This is a full-time post and your working hours will be 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday, one day of which will be a study day.
We are looking to expand our existing team of 5, with a unique individual, who can help us build on our existing client-base by supporting us as a dependable and efficient trainee IFA with the right aptitude for our business. You will have a proven ability to pass examinations in a timely manner, having completed a degree and achieved at least a 2:1 classification and you will be willing to complete the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning in your first two years with us.
We are looking for someone fully IT literate who can shadow our existing adviser, learn from him, and develop skills that are as outstanding as his. You will learn the business from the ground up in order to develop a good understanding of compliance, paraplanning and advising before being assigned your own clients once fully qualified.
You must be able to deliver exceptional client service using outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Your work will help contribute to our team and organisational targets and subsequently, excellent client outcomes and experiences.
Starting salary is within the range shown above and we are proud to offer extensive training and progression opportunities for the right candidate. We offer the opportunity to exceed this salary and develop within a successful organisation, in exchange for a positive attitude, an expandable skillset and a desire to do well.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills make you the perfect candidate for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date is Friday 27 November 2020 at 17:00pm
Anticipated date for first interviews will be Friday 4 December 2020, via Zoom, with second interviews expected to take place on Friday 11 December 2020, also via Zoom (dependent on lockdown restrictions).
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To act as Financial Planning Concepts Trainee Financial Adviser
- To study for and pass the Diploma in Financial Planning within two years of joining Financial Planning Concepts
- To work shadow and emulate the existing independent financial adviser in order to ensure the continuity of service that our clients are accustomed to
- To act as a point of contact for client and prospective client telephone and email enquiries when required to do so
- Once qualified continue to undertake training in order to remain up to date with product knowledge and regulatory requirements
- To act as one of the office report writers analysing the client details in conjunction with the financial planner, ensuring paper and computer files are kept up to date
- To review, analyse and prepare compliant recommendations for clients in conjunction with the IFA
- To help ensure that every client meeting is fully prepared and all relevant paperwork made available to the adviser
- To establish and build strong relationships with clients and attend client meetings with Financial Planner when requested.
- To request necessary paperwork and quotations from clients and product providers.
- To ensure that client paperwork and proposals move forward successfully to completion, and that documentation has been produced accurately.
- To undertake research both independently and with the financial planner to identify suitable products to meet the client’s needs.
- To be a contact for the main office research systems.
- To provide technical support to the financial planner and keep up to date on legislation and regulatory issues.
- To compile suitability letters and ensure that all outgoing correspondence is checked for accuracy prior to issue to ensure excellent client service.
- To act as the initial contact point for relevant client and life company queries.
- To ensure company targets are achieved and that client satisfaction is confirmed and exceeded.
- To manage your own continuing professional development in consultation with the directors of FPC.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.