Chief Operating Officer
Salary: £47,000 P/A
Job Type: Full-time
The Chief Operating Officer is a new post that will play a vital part in ensuring day-to-day delivery of the cathedral’s strategic goals. This important and demanding role sits at the heart of cathedral life and will closely link with the Cathedral Chapter in developing and implementing its vision and operational objectives. This role requires a strategic thinker with proven commercial business acumen. They will work with and line-manage department heads to improve and strengthen the commercial and visitor experience elements of the cathedral’s working environment. The successful candidate will possess first class problem-solving, communication and leadership skills and will show a commitment to the creation of an environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity.
For more information, please view the following PDF: https://buzzstore1.blob.core.windows.net/media/trurocathedral/Documents/Vacancies/JobDescriptionCOO.pdf
35 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday, but needs to be flexible across seven days depending on Operational requirements.
25 Days per year plus public holidays
After successful completion of six month probation period staff are eligible to join the Church Workers Pension Scheme (contributory employer 6%, employee 3%)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- At least five years experience in an operational or senior management post within a retail, catering, events or other commercial environment with proven knowledge of the business and financial processes that underpin a successful organisation.
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory legislation and best practice including Health & Safety, Risk Management and Safeguarding.
- Experience of the management, support and development of staff.
- The ability to convert strategic thinking into working practice;
- Proven experience in managing teams and individuals to fulfil their potential;
- Setting clear and relevant targets and measures/KPI’s;
- To build solid working relationship with a wide range of individuals;
- Be highly computer literate;
- A can-do approach to problem-solving; • Coaching & mentoring experience;
- A sympathetic understanding of the cathedral’s vision, ambition and values in order to