Inlight Beauty is a high-end, family-run, organic beauty business based in the heart of Cornwall. Our ethos and approach is centred around sustainability and slow beauty, creating effective skincare that is founded by scientific knowledge, guided by alchemy, and inspired by nature.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen, and we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. We are seeking a qualified management accountant who is a skilled all-rounder based at our Head Office in Helston (flexibility for partial remote working can be discussed) 3 days per week.
Reporting to the General Manager, our ideal candidate will be qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent, and have at least three to five years’ experience of account preparation. This role requires you to immerse yourself in the operational details of a small but expanding business. As we are a small team, having the flexibility to get involved at all levels, including ‘rolling up your sleeves’, to support the overall objectives where necessary will be of benefit.
You will have exceptional attention to detail, and a high level of self-initiative. Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft and Sharepoint are a must, and experience of Xero is essential, whilst a knowledge of Unleashed would be desirable.
The annual salary for this role is £35,000 pro-rata, and in addition we offer company sick pay (1 week) 31 days’ holiday including bank holidays (pro rata), a share of 10% of the net profits annually, and a generous staff discount of 60% discount on products.
- Preparing monthly management figures, budgets and forecasts with analytical review using internal system management using software including Xero, Unleashed and Microsoft Office.
- Working with the Directors to set the annual budgets.
- Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets on a daily, weekly, monthly, and year-end basis.
- Consistently review performance against budgets to ensure margins are achieved, including data analysis – maintain regular Cost of Sales checks.
- Oversee order, margin, and price checking,
- Maintain a focus on future opportunity to maximise profitability.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting of management and financial performance.
- Accurate Profit & Loss analysis.
- Prepare and file VAT returns in accordance with HMRC legislation.
- Compliance with statutory reporting obligations, and other statutory legislation including anti-money laundering.
- Preparation of year end support files and liaise with external Auditors.
- Oversee credit control, cash management, reporting and forecasting.
- Manage multiple bank accounts, in multiple currencies.
- Manage the prepayments, accruals, and Fixed Asset Register.
- Cashflow – check and maintain the cashflow forecast.
- Prepare and submit the monthly payroll submission to the accountant.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policymaking as required
To apply please send your CV, and a covering letter explaining how your skills make you the perfect candidate for this job, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday – 12/11/2021, at 12:00pm